I must state that the current demonstrations to "reopen the economy" worry me. The goal is to reduce community transmission of COVID 19.
We implore all of our family and friends to understand what their Counties are doing with respect to COVID 19 and what the "phased plan" is for gradual relaxation of the stay at home orders for their Counties, their Regions within a State, and an entire State - when the time is right - based on the science. Relaxation of stay at home orders must be based on science and data - not on frustrations with the significant blow to the economy.
Could Governors do a better job of explaining their plan? Certainly. Are the "re-opening" plans evolving?...they better be evolving since the entire world is learning new information on the virus every day. Do I fully understand the "phased plan," probably not as well as I should.
Demonstrators are not just locals that live near the state capitals. Demonstrators drive from their towns to converge on the state capitals...then the people get back in their cars and drive home to their (and yours and my) communities.
I am not certain that my community (and the hospitals, Doctors, Nurses, and multitude of essential health care staff ) can handle new positive cases of COVID 19. I worry for their health/well being and the health of their families. I don't know for certain that my family's normally healthy bodies won't launch a "cytokine storm" on the virus and land one of us in the hospital. I just hope that I am not forced to go back to working outside of my home (I am very fortunate that I can work from home) before my County AND the County that I work in have well thought out plans for testing, tracing, and stopping the spread of COVID 19.
The kids do ask us when they will go back to school AT school and when "things will be normal again?" We tell the kids that we have to wait and that "back to normal" might take longer then anyone expected and that "normal" will be a "new normal." They are still loving school at home (sleeping in and more electronic time than Amy/Adam like) but they do miss their friends.
The kids are still healthy and happy and that is all we can hope for, right?
Monday
The kiddos working on their art assignment for the week: building a town out of cardboard tubes :)


Addie also wanted a cat, surprise - surprise!

Ayson's town with a mine (way back and to the left)

Addie received a gift from her friend Mikhan. Yay! Thank you Mikhan and Sunshine!!!

Addie working on the secret pix BFF bracelet for Mikhan

So, it snowed. hahaha. Sure is pretty :)


Adam teaching Ayson the finer points of paper football hitting

He scores!

Ready, aim!!

Adam made baguette bread on Friday :)

The snow line on Saturday morning :)

Our hike at Labrador - on the west side of the valley had plenty of snow!

It is hard to see but Amy found a spider web with snow on it and tried to take a picture of it with the kiddos in the background

Chilling on "our" tree


The cats "hanging out" and chilling

We spotted our first morels in the yard!!! Now for a "Test" - there are four morels in the picture - can you find them?!?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment